Date: Friday, February 7th, 2014 – 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
*Snow date scheduled February 21st same time and place
Place: E.J. Pratt Library at the Victoria University, Toronto
(71 Queen's Park Crescent East) *workshop will be held in the electronic classroom on the 3rd floor
Getting Your Archives Online with Archeion
Wondering how best to share information about your archives online? Confused by archival description standards? Wanting to share digital images on the web but not sure how to?
This interactive half-day workshop can help!
Topics to be covered include:
• Overview of the benefits of having descriptions online
• Introduction to Archeion & the new Archives Canada online services
• Explanation of the essential elements of Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
• Introduction to authority records for archival creators
• Hands-on experience to learn how to share your descriptions and digital objects online
The workshop will be instructed by Archivist, Amanda Hill.
For more information on the location see: http://library.vicu.utoronto.ca/about_us/
Cost: Per workshop $65 + HST for AAO members and $95 per workshop for non-members. Minimum participation is 10 for this workshop with a maximum set at 18.
For questions and registration, please contact www.aao-archivists.ca or call 416.538.1650.
Please note: If the minimum participant number is not reached the workshop will be cancelled. Registered participants will be contacted by Friday, January 31, 2014 to confirm the status.